Table of Marathons

11 MCM (not for time) 11 Wineglass (950/1442)
10 MCM (not for time) 09 MCM (348/1076)
09 Washington's Birthday Marathon (22/44) 08 MC Historic Half (51/210)
07 Frederick Marathon (32/60) 06 MCM (394/1076)
05 MCM (547/1047)

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Run: Fall

It 44F out there. This will be my first run this season with gloves. There's a hint of red in the elms in our back yard. I've been watching the days shorten for weeks now.

It is 5 weeks precisely before my third MMC. With training, you can run a marathon faster, but its never easier.

**********
I ran 12 miles alone. The tempo training must be having an effect: my long run training pace has dropped by 30 spm. As usual, I picked up Denise and we went to Lake Artemesia. Her ankle is bothering her; she went for 6 miles. I then topped it off with another 3 miles.

Denise waited in a gazebo by the lake while I did my final 3 miles. By then, the temperature had reached the high 60s. We have run past this place in blustery 15F and wilting 90F weather. At that moment, when I joined her to stretch, the weather was perfect. The lake reflected a tree line just beginning to hint at fall and the blue sky above. The gentle breeze was just enough to cool but not chill. We lingered just a while to stretch, eat some post-long run snacks, and then leave the gazebo to the bee who seemed to find our fruit and yogurt smoothies so compelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment