Table of Marathons

11 MCM (not for time) 11 Wineglass (950/1442)
10 MCM (not for time) 09 MCM (348/1076)
09 Washington's Birthday Marathon (22/44) 08 MC Historic Half (51/210)
07 Frederick Marathon (32/60) 06 MCM (394/1076)
05 MCM (547/1047)

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Others

Denise has been feeling a little under the weather over the past 2 weeks. I let her sleep in this morning. Today is a rest day for her so she does not run. I make her a cup of tea and leave it on her nightstand before I slip out into the predawn light.

As the days shorten, I find myself delaying my start in order to increase the time I run in daylight. Running in  dark winter mornings weighs heavily on me, particularly at the end of the season. We are just entering that cycle again.

I do six miles today. This is two loops in our neighborhood. By the end of summer the combined effects of summer fitness resolutions and cooling temperatures brings quite a few beginning walkers and runners out to the early morning streets. I have watched this cycle for five years now. I know these numbers will dwindle dramatically over the next three months.

So little in society reinforces behaviors that are conducive to fitness and health.....(more later)

No comments:

Post a Comment