Table of Marathons

11 MCM (not for time) 11 Wineglass (950/1442)
10 MCM (not for time) 09 MCM (348/1076)
09 Washington's Birthday Marathon (22/44) 08 MC Historic Half (51/210)
07 Frederick Marathon (32/60) 06 MCM (394/1076)
05 MCM (547/1047)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Trails

This morning, Denise and I ran with the PGRC. The North Face Endurance Challenge advertising finally influenced me and we opted to run part of the Greenbelt Park Perimeter Trail for roughly a 4 mile run. Trail running is very different from the roads. Its about mud, leaves, and whatever the runner encounters in that more natural setting. I had a great time and plan to incorporate 5 or so mile's of trail running every Saturday in my training week. Denise was less enthused, partly because she is adverse to Greenbelt's challenging hills. I keep advising her that the hills are all about gaining strength at this point of her running evolution.

As luck would have it, I wound up running another 4 miles of trails, this time in Catoctin Mountain Park in hiking boots, later that day. My boots are heavy and the trail is rough. I was super tired by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment